Bathroom renovation can get messy. As there are many things involved in it and they are complex. Always be prepared before initiating any bathroom renovation. It is better to be prepared in advance for all the hurdles and surprises to come. There will be many things you haven’t anticipated will come across when your renovation is on-going. There is some point that should be ticked on your checklist before your venture for bathroom renovations from Bentleigh;
- Budget: Nothing in this world is free and especially not bathroom renovation. You have to count for all the factors like contractor, plumbing, lighting, tiles and other fixtures. Firstly, make the list of all the items you need to install in your bathroom, then get an estimate to compile your anticipated expenses. This may be not correct or accurate but it will provide a ballpark figure, that how much you need to initiate bathroom renovation. Even you must build in 10-20% contingency over and above your budget. After all this homework, if you think you are comfortable in spending this money on a bathroom renovation, kick off your project.
- Anticipated time: Bathroom renovation will not be completed in a day or two. There are many complex tasks included like plumbing, lighting and installation of fixtures. This may take a minimum of 15 days or longer. So, you will keep this timeline in your mind. Even after committing, many contractors will be unable to deliver the finished bathroom on time.
- Design: You should be very clear about the design and layout of your bathroom. You can take advise from your contractor. But you are renovating the bathroom, to get the bathroom of your choice. Always have a clear vision in your mind. Changing the design during the renovation will increase your budget and may also not get the right finished that you needed. Do your research, check all the elements you need in your bathroom and finalized the design with the contractor. Click here for more info on bathroom designs from Melbourne.
- Fixtures: After the design, fixtures should be clear in your mind. Because all the plumbing will be designed and laid as per your fixture’s choice. Every fixture has different plumbing requirement. You must have clarity about what fixtures you need and the same must be installed in the end. Choosing a fixture is also tricky. There are hundreds of design and types. They will be a major part of your renovation budget. It is smart to work in advance and check the market for the right type of fixtures.
- Floor and walls: In terms of bathroom renovation, you have very little margin of error. Once one thing is done, undoing it can cost a lot of money or even damage the other things along with it. This is very true in terms of the walls and floor of the bathroom. All the fixture will be installed after you have finished with walls and floors. Be very selective and precise about both of them.